Watch how to make Mango Cheesecake, a mouth watering recipe by Anushruti.
As we bid adieu to the king of fruits The Mango Season, our Chef Anushruti indulges in making this delicious, easy to make and most importantly Gelatin Free Mango Cheesecake! Enjoy!
160 gm Digestive biscuits
100 gm Butter (preferably salted butter), chopped
160 gm fine sugar or powdered sugar
800 gm thick full cream yogurt
400 gm panir cheese or cottage cheese
375 ml water
10 gm Chinagrass or Agar Agar or Kanten
2 mangoes, peeled, chopped and pureed
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the Mango Glaze:
1 mango, peeled, chopped and pureed
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp lime juice
– Place the yogurt in a cheesecloth lined colander over a container and allow to drain overnight to get half the quantity
For Crust :
– Place all the biscuits in a sealed plastic bag and with a rolling pin beat until the biscuits are powdered.
– Put the powdered biscuits in a large mixing bowl. Put in the butter and with the help of a pastry blender or with your hands rub the butter into the biscuits until the mixture is well mixed.
– Remove the mixture and press it evenly into the base of an 8” deep round spring form pan or any pan with a removable bottom or a 9” regular round pan. Chill in the freezer for 15 minutes or in the refrigerator for half an hour.
– Break the china grass into small pieces and soak in 1 1/2 cups water for about 10 minutes until it becomes soft.
– In a food processor, blend the strained yogurt, panir cheese or cottage cheese and the sugar and process until smooth and creamy. Transfer this to a mixing bowl, stir in the vanilla extract and mix well with a whisk.
– Heat the mango puree over a medium flame. Do not allow this to boil.
– In another saucepan place the chinagrass and water mixture and stir on low heat until it melts completely for about 10 minutes. Do not allow this to boil.
– Once the chinagrass melts completely, pour the hot china grass solution into the hot mango puree, stirring all the while.
– Slowly add the mango mixture into the yogurt and cheese mixture and beat well with a wire whisk until well blended.
– Pour this mixture over the prepared crust, level with a spoon and chill in the refrigerator for about an hour. Allow the cheesecake to set for an hour or so before spreading the glaze over it.
For the Mango Glaze:
– Place all the ingredients for the glaze in a saucepan and cook over medium heat. When it begins to boil, reduce the flame and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more.
– Allow to come to room temperature and then spread the glaze over the cheesecake with a spoon. Allow the glaze to set over the cheesecake for 2 to 3 hours or overnight, before slicing it.
Host: Anushruti RK ( http://www.divinetaste.com )
Director: Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Akshay Durgule
Editing: Kishor Rai
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited